Image by Foodbeast
Jerky is a great snack by itself, but its flavor is amplified when added to some of your favorite dishes. It doesn’t take much to turn a simple bag of jerky into a mouthwatering meal. Here are a few creative recipes you can follow to give your jerky a little more life.
1. Jerky + Deviled Eggs
Adding jerky to this dinner party favorite will you make you the dinner party favorite.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Teaspoons “Candied Sriracha” Bacon Jerky (by Get Some Jerky), diced
- Boil eggs in a saucepan for 5-7 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow eggs to cool 2-3 minutes
- Place eggs in a bowl and run cold water over them while peeling eggshells off
- Slice eggs in half and scoop out the yolk, placing it in a bowl
- Add mayonnaise and mustard to the yolk and stir
- Add yolk mixture back into egg whites and top with jerky
2. Machaca con Huevo
This traditional Mexican breakfast (Dried Beef and Scrambled Eggs) is the perfect way to use your extra jerky!
Image by HuffPost
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 cup “Inferno” Beef Jerky (by Get Some Jerky)
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add jerky. Let it brown for 5 minutes at medium heat stirring frequently.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook while stirring for another 3 minutes, then lower heat.
- Pour eggs into the skillet and stir until they are cooked and to your liking.
- Serve with beans, Mexican cheese blend, and tortillas. Add salsa to your liking.
3. Homemade Jerky Tomato Sauce Jerky is the perfect addition to make a rich, thick tomato sauce that can be served over pasta or rice.
Image by CheatSheet
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 2 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup “Black Label Whiskey” Beef Jerky (by Get Some Jerky), chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet, add onions and garlic while stirring.
- Add tomatoes and bring skillet to a low simmer
- Add basil and remove sauce from heat
- Place sauce in a blender or food processor and pulse
- Return sauce to skillet and stir in jerky.